It is a treatment used to repair complex aortic disease in patients. The surgery normally involves the part of the aorta that contains blood vessels
First of all surgeon restores blood flow to critical blood vessels in an open surgical procedure. The repair of the damaged part of the aorta is completes.it is carried out using a minimally invasive technique.
This surgery has many advantages:
It is the procedure that reduces risk
in case of patients with smoking habits It avoids opening the chest
Hybrid Repair is good decision because:
Patients who are normally considered for hybrid repair include:
Patients with COPD or heart disease
Patients with extensive aortic pathology
Patients with both aortic occlusive disease and aneurysmal aortic disease
Patients with previous aortic surgery
In remedial terms, a hybrid surgery is a combination of therapies. In the regular practice of both cardiologists and cardiac surgeons, the hybrid technique can decide sure cardiac and revascularization complications in patients.
Anticipate in Hybrid Aortic Repair
The hybrid procedure is performed to repair the aorta in some stages. These particular stages can be carried out as a single procedure the same day .it also can be performed as separate procedures.
1. General anesthesia is given normally. To make regular breathing, a breathing tube is used. As no feeling of any pain you won’t even remember the procedure!
2. Doctor will create bypasses to critical vessels which will be reattached to the aorta. As per location of the aneurysm this may require an incision.
3. the incision will be closed as soon as blood supply is restarted to blood vessels
4. If done first procedure is completed then the surgeon will continue with the second one.
1. In this stage, X-ray imaging is used through a small incision to the damaged section of aorta .your surgeon will guide catheter in this case.
2. The catheter is having the endograft for the aorta. The catheter is kept in place. Sliding it out it is positionalised and fastened to aorta.
3. The catheter is removed then.
4. After that CT scan is done in a few weeks, then in six months and also yearly.it is done for the assurance of whether the grafts are working correct.
Benefits of Hybrid Repair:
- Avoidance of a heart lung machine
- Less blood loss during surgery
- Faster recovery period
- Avoidance of a thoracotomy
- Reduced potential for organ damage.
- Patient monitoring:
- In this for continuous electrocardiography, observation is vital. Observation of urine output is crucial .it requires in the renal arteries and higher abdominal segments. Nursing that includes specific measurement of pressure variances is also important during concert of these processes.
- Risks of Hybrid Surgery:
- it is still foremost heart surgery. It is bellicose, hurtful, and complex, requires considerable surgical expertise and knowledge, and is possibly hazardous. And further to this are the low but actual safeties of a catheter ablation